How do I apply as a Student Delegate?
If you are in your sophomore junior year of high school you may apply for the District 5495 RYLA program. (Freshmen/Seniors may apply, but priority is to Soph/Jr applicants). PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON OCTOBER 31ST NO FURTHER STUDENT/DELEGATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT DATE. Applications close 9:00 PM.
To apply, please do the following:
- You MUST apply online. Go to the student/delegate application link on this website. Complete BOTH THE STUDENT APPLICATION AND THE STUDENT HEALTH FORM.
- Make sure to attach a current JPG picture where indicated, labeled with YOUR name. Please submit a picture only of yourself…. Not a picture of you with your friends, neighbors, etc.
- You should receive an email copy of both your completed application and health form. PLEASE save this for possible future reference.
- A Sponsoring Rotary Club Representative will notify you of the time and place of your mandatory RYLA selection interview, typically sometime in November or December.
- Following your interview, applicants selected to attend RYLA and applicants selected as alternates will be notified in writing via email by their sponsoring Rotary Club of their selection status. Please respond to your email in a timely manner; if you do not respond, we will assume you are no longer interested in being RYLA Delegate applicant.
- If you are selected to attend RYLA, commitment for the entire four day/ three night event is mandatory. Hit the FAQs for additional information, ie transportation, what to bring, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If for some reason you DO NOT receive a copy of either your application or your health form via email; please notify the Registrar for assistance. ASAP.